We all know that internet are the leading platform to earn money in this 21st century, however, creating a beautiful website is one of the biggest banker-friendly that will put a smile on your face in due time. A blog is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries (posts). Originally, blogs could only be created by someone who already have the knowledge on how to build a website. In recent years, however, many build-your-own-web-log tools have come on to the market, some of them free, and now, anyone with Internet access can create their own blog. There are many platforms which a blog can be hosted such as Gator, WordPress.com, Blogger.com, Tumblr, Medium, Squarespace, Wix, Ghost and more which have different features.
Blogging is an act of publishing or writing articles based on Poems, Gossips, News, lifestyle etc on a blog. Most blogs contain links to websites you think your readers would be interested in, or to a post on someone else’s blog that pertains to what you’re discussing in your blog, which can be done be adding link to a text relating to the referral blog. Bloggers can even hold “conversations” between their blogs, with each blogger agreeing or disagreeing with another blogger’s posts. below are some of the reasons:
1. DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act): This is United States law that limits the liability of online service providers for the copyright infringement caused by their users, it somehow related to plagiarism. It was implemented in 1998, it’s duty is to remove materials after it receives a notice of infringement and have (and implement) a policy to deter repeat infringement. This type of infringement usually occurs in entertainment niche which deals mainly on Mp3, Mp4, Mpeg and other files. A blogger whose has received lots of dmca removal take-down notice from Google or publisher (Owner of the copyrighted content) without taking any action on it will leading to indefinite ban from his/her hosting company. Excess Dmca take-down notice also damages the Google console. What’s google console? It’s a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google Search results. It’s very important for any blogger to stay clear of another writer’s content if he/she doesn’t want to get frustrated at the end. Google are so smart that they can easily detects copyrighted or plagiarized material even when it’s been edited (republished).
2. Wrong Blogging Platform: As a starter, Before diving into any platform, it is necessary to check what you’re looking for in a blogging platform. Starting with a blogging platform that’s easy to set up, has a low learning curve, and doesn’t require any coding skills like Blogger.com or WordPress.com, many frustrated bloggers and internet gurus started off with a coded platform based on Css, Html coding and more which are so difficult and expensive to maintain, using a platform like wordpress doesn’t cost anything to maintain, as the hosting company takes charge of the monthly maintenance, while your duty is just to update the blogging platform once a new version is released and due for update. Site coded under HTML or CSS as so difficult to maintain if you don’t have the coding knowledge, which will require that you’ll have to employ an expert to access the blog leading to money cost. Beginners are advised to go for wordpress platform which is an open source free blogging platform that allows you to build your website or blog within minutes. The platform was founded in 2003. There are thousands of free themes available for WordPress. This allows you to create a beautiful website that stands apart from the crowd. They’re are also SEO friendly with less bugs.
3. Uploading Copyrighted material or Plagiarism: many lazy writers are fund of plagiarism, I.e “stealing and duplication” of another writer’s idea, language, expression, thoughts, or pattern and the representation of them as one’s own original work which google frowns at (hates most considering the weblog as none existing). Copyright infringement is one of the Google Adsense policy in which google team are strictly cautious about, duplicating a site by a blogger may lead to Google earning application rejection after review by their experts. It was gathered that sites without plagiarism (none copied contents) rank higher on Google, have you ever wonder why entertainment niche rank lower than other niche and also less earning? It’s because google consider them as number one niche for plagiarism. Ranking higher on Google and gaining organic traffic requires publishing a well written article. A starter (A Beginner) who started his blogging career by duplicating other author’s thoughts, idea and expression will end deserting the blog as result of slow growth.
4. Wrong Hosting Company: Armature bloggers failed because of constant changing from one hosting company to another which have different servers in different locations. A large blog filled with numerous eccentric article who decides to switch to another server may lost his daily visitors especially those offshore hosting company based in Nederland, Bulgaria, Indian etc. For instance, you hosted your blog in Africa and traffic has been raining down your platform from Africa with little from outside Africa, and you decided to switch to another server (Offshore) because you’re targeting foreign visitors. It’s very dangerous to switch as you may experience (3 – 4) days downtime (your blog appearing offline), de-indexing from Google Search and bugs during the transfer. Some Armature blogger may even end up purchasing a high profile host which is expensive at the end fails to renew it. Hosting company is not just a thing gurus just jump into unlike other business, it’s something you have to understand how it operate and understand the technique, without understanding the techniques, there is a high tendency the individual will fail as some hosting provider doesn’t allow the publisher to upload mp4, Mp3 files, movies and more. Example a web hosting such as A2hosting.com doesn’t accept heavy files, Check their policy.
5. Too Quick To Monetize: Here’s the the biggest factor why some blog crashes, a starting blogger should focus on publishing an inspiring article that will attracts audience thereby yielding organic traffic instead of focusing on the money. Though the end point of the whole thing is making income but a beginner shouldn’t be in a haste to start generating revenue from his blog. The funny aspect is that some upcoming blogger may even combine three or more ad-platform in one blog which may lead to acute ban. It’s advisable when monetizing your blog, make use of one ad-platform; Google Adsense, Infolinks, Mgid, Taboola or Adword to be at lower risk of banning. However, earning from your blog will lift up your spirit and motivates you to deliver more article but not getting enough traffic due to not publishing an attractive blog post will yield noting.
6. Low Passion: one question you should ask yourself is if you’ve passion for any business you wants to venture in. Some bloggers started blogging because of the money not knowing that there’s more to it. Before you consider to be an internet sensation, make sure you have a great passion for it. For instance, you want to start a blog, you need to dive into a niche that drives you crazy. Assuming you love to write about celebrities, artist and other trending online gossips, you’re advise to start up entertainment niche, thereby following up the artist on instagram, twitter and other social media platforms. You must also know how to construct your English and articles. You need to constantly visit a competing niche to know what your site is lacking and fix it up.
As a dedicated blogger you need to develop enthusiasm to update your blog on daily basis.
In Summary, When running a website, it is very important to ask how easy and user-friendly your site’s navigation is, especially your theme. It seems pretty basic, but it can greatly enhance your website. It can be a big problem and discouraging to visitor if a website takes too many clicks to load from the post to the home page. The design of your website theme should be easy and understandable by your visitor.